A CBK – sometimes called a Body of Knowledge – refers to a peer-developed compendium of what a competent professional in their respective field must know, including the skills, techniques and practices that are routinely employed. Essential if you’re pursuing a senior role in Information Security, CISSP provides an extensive overview of this.
The CISSP certification is essential for establishing a thorough grasp of information security and has become a vital component in the hiring process for management-level information security roles. But, for those who are unfamiliar, here are the top reasons why, today more than ever, CISSP is the certification to select.
- Recognized globally
A certification is only as good as the endorsement it receives. Unlike many standard certifications, the CISSP has widespread industry recognition, having been named the ‘Best Professional Certification Program’ by SC Magazine for the sixth time in 2015.
This Gold Standard certificate is not only recognised by the world’s largest corporations, like Google, IBM, and P&G, but it is also required for 56 percent of cyber employment in the contracting business. A CISSP certification is required if you want to enter the difficult field of IT security.
- In the 2015 (ISC)2 Global Workforce Study, the report found that the attributes that best characterize ‘successful’ information security professionals came down to a broad understanding of the security field, communication skills and awareness of the latest security threats.
The CISSP CBK consists of the following eight components:
- Security & risk management
- Asset security
- Security engineering
- Communication & network security
- Identity & access management
- Security assessment & testing
- Security operations
- Software development security